Match Play Tennis Centers job opening:
Position: Club Monitor: part time position
4:45-10:15 PM Monday-Thursday and alternating Saturday 7-11 AM with the possibility of full time.
Position open effective immediately.
The Club Monitor continuously circulates throughout the club ensuring the facility is operating efficiently
and safely and that club members/guests are following club regulations. This position also serves as a
customer service presence within the club for member questions, concerns or needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Orientations for new members to facility
• Actively markets Rec Center programs to members
• Ensures that club rules and safety standards are followed by member/guests
• Approaches members/guests not following club regulations.
• Makes club “rounds” by circulating throughout the entire facility locating any problems/issues
that exist and takes actions to resolve these
• Reports any maintenance related problems to the Maintenance Manager or maintenance staff on
• Circulates throughout the club, greeting and making eye contact with members/guests
• Assists members/guests with fitness equipment and basic questions
• Performs a general customer service role by answering member/guest questions as they arise
• Cleaning duties
• Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Fitness and/or health club knowledge is preferred
• General knowledge of entire club operations
• Ability to communicate effectively with members/guests and coworkers in a professional and
• Ability to work independently
• Excellent problem-solving skills
REQUIRED EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum qualifications: Junior in college in health affiliated degree or a certified personal trainer
(ACE, AFFA, ACSM or other approved certifications)
• Some customer service experience required
• Experience working in a health club environment is preferred
• Fitness experience is preferred
• CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications (must be obtained within 60 days of hire)
Email resume, cover letter and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org