Iowa City’s Streets Division is anticipating that leaf crews will be able to complete 2 zones per day for the first week of the program. The leaves have been very light this week which has allowed us to move through the zones fairly quickly.
Crews will not go back for missed piles of leaves. Make sure your leaves are accessible to crews and free of parked cars. To guarantee pick up, have all of your leaves at the curb by 7 a.m. on the first day your zone is scheduled.
- Wednesday, Oct. 18 – Entering Zones #1, #2, & #3
- Thursday, Oct. 19 – Completing Zone #3 + Entering Zones #4 & #5
- Friday, Oct. 20 – Completing Zone #5 + Entering Zone #6
- Monday, Oct. 23 –Completing Zone #6 + Entering Zone #7 & #1
- Tuesday, Oct. 24 –Completing Zone #1 + Entering Zone #2
The leaf schedule will be updated daily and is subject to change. To receive updates via e-mail, visit www.icgov.org/e-subscriptions and subscribe under “Service Notices.”
For more information about Iowa City's Leaf Vacuum Program, including a zone map, instructions on how to prepare leaves, and other helpful reminders, visit www.icgov.org/leafvacuum.