On-street parking will be limited in designated areas in Iowa City on Feb. 14 and 15, 2018, for snow removal. Crews will be clearing the full width of the streets for public safety.
‘No Parking’ signs will be posted at least 48-hours in advance of the work. Vehicles that remain when clean up begins will be towed.
Snow removal schedule:
Wednesday, Feb. 14, 2018, beginning at 7 a.m.
- Iowa Avenue, from Muscatine Avenue to Van Buren Street (north side only)
- Washington Street, from Muscatine Avenue to Johnson Street (north side only)
- College Street, from Van Buren Street to Summit Street (south side only)
Thursday, Feb. 15, 2018, beginning at 7 a.m.
- Jefferson Street, from Gilbert Street to Evans Street (south side only)
- Iowa Avenue, from Van Buren Street to Muscatine Avenue (south side only)
- Washington Street, from Johnson Street to Muscatine Avenue (south side only)
- College Street, from Summit Street to Van Buren Street (north side only)
A map showing the plow route for Wednesday, Feb. 14 and Thursday, Feb. 15.
University students who typically park on the street should be especially mindful of the signage and schedule to avoid towing. Iowa City does not allow on-street vehicle storage. Drivers must move their car every 48-hours, regardless of snow removal, or may be ticketed and/or towed.
If your vehicle is towed, call the Parking Division at 319-356-5151 between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., or the Iowa City Police Department at 319-358-5275. Do not call 911. For more information on how to recover a towed vehicle, visit www.icgov.org/snow.
For more information on snow removal, call the Streets Division at 319-356-5181.