Cedar Rapids, IA – September 24, 2016 – Current road closures as of September 24, 2:00 p.m. Information also available on the City’s website, www.cedar-rapids.org and will be updated as necessary.
- All downtown bridges currently closed, in addition to 8th Avenue, 12th Avenue, and 16th Avenue Bridges.
I-380 Ramp Closures
- The 5th Avenue SW/Diagonal Drive SW exit (Exit 19A) for northbound traffic will be restricted to emergency and construction vehicles only
- The 1st Street W exit (Exit 19C) for northbound traffic will be closed to all traffic
- The 1st Street E exit (Exit 20A) for southbound traffic will be closed to all traffic
- The 1st Avenue W exit (Exit 19B) for southbound traffic will be restricted to emergency and construction vehicles only
I-380 can still be accessed at Wilson Avenue SW and 7th Street NE.
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Avenues – closed between 6th Street W to 5th Street E
- 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th Avenues SE – closed between 1st Street SE to 6th Street SE
- 8th Avenue – closed between 1st Street SW to 10th Street SE
- 12th Avenue – closed between C Street SW to 10th Street SE
- 16th Avenue – closed between C Street SW to 4th Street SE
- 1st Street NE –closed between A Street NE to 1st Avenue E
- 7th Street SE – closed at 8th Avenue SE to southbound traffic
- 8th Street SE – closed at 8th Avenue SE to southbound traffic
Access will be maintained for emergency personnel, construction vehicles, and property owners only. The public is asked to avoid the downtown area, NewBo area, Time Check NW area, and Czech Village area to assist with flood preparation efforts and provide room for construction vehicles.
Information will continue to be provided on the city’s website: www.cedar-rapids.org.