Group launches two 30-second ads and Hillpocrisy.com
(DES MOINES) - Priorities for Iowa, Inc., a nonpartisan 501(c)4 focused on policy research and education, today launched two new web ads and a website, Hillpocrisy.com. The two web ads focus on the important issues of the wage gap between men and women, and income equality, while calling attention to Hillary Clinton’s hypocrisy – or Hillpocrisy – on the issues.
WATCH PRIORITIES FOR IOWA’S AD ON THE WAGE GAP IN HILLARY’S OFFICE
WATCH PRIORITIES FOR IOWA’S AD ON INCOME EQUALITY BETWEEN HILLARY AND IOWANS
VISIT PRIORITIES FOR IOWA’S NEW SITE HILLPOCRISY.COM
“Iowans want a president who understands the issues facing them and their families, but Hillary Clinton’s record shows she paid women 28 percent less than their male coworkers,” said Jimmy Centers of Priorities for Iowa. “Hillary Clinton can’t possibly understand the issues facing Iowans when the average Iowa family would have to work 12,943 hours just to make what Hillary did in one, single day.”
Today, Priorities for Iowa will launch paid advertising to ensure Iowans are educated on these important issues as Hillary Clinton and the Democrats seeking their party’s nomination for president make their way to Iowa for a debate Saturday in Des Moines at Drake University.
To learn more, please visit Hillpocrisy.com.
Hillary Clinton is running this ad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l_hgD9QbFc. Hillary Clinton’s hypocrisy is disappointing because while she was in the U.S. Senate, Hillary Clinton only paid women 72 cents for each dollar she paid men.
Hillary Clinton paid women 72 cents for each dollar she paid men. – Story
- Given the fact above, that means women are paid 28% less than their male colleagues.
- Thus, women would have to work 28% longer each day to earn the same amount as males.
- The average working day is 8 hours. 28% of 8 hours is 2 hours and 14 minutes.
- That means a woman in Hillary’s U.S. Senate Office would need to work over 2 extra hours each and every day to earn the same amount as her male colleagues.
Hillary Clinton is running this ad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76hY_YrAOZk. The hypocritical nature of this ad is troubling given that Hillary Clinton made $325,000 in a single day when the average Iowa household earns $52,229 a year, according to Census data. The average Iowan would have to work nearly 13,000 hours to make what Hillary Clinton makes in one day.
Hillary Clinton earned $325,000 for a Cisco speech in August 2014 – Washington Post
- Median Iowa Household income – $52,229 Source: Census Bureau
- At $52,229 a year, assuming a 5 day work week, the average Iowa household makes $200.88 a day. (52,229/52 weeks a year = $1,004.40/week. 1004.40/5 days = $200.88 per day. 200.88 a day/ 8 hours in a day = $25.11/hr
- Assuming 1 shift = an 8 hour day
- 325,000/200.88 = 1,617.88 shifts | 325,000/25.11 = 12,943.05 hours